Moving Truck Sizes & Capacity

What size truck do you need?

Do you need an extra truck for your business? Are you moving house? Whatever reason you need a truck, this truck volume calculator can help you determine the size and style of truck that you need.

Need a truck for business?

Is your business expanding and you need an extra truck now? Use this tool to calculate the volume you need, and therefore the size and model of truck required. Then call us to book it in. We offer both short and long term truck rentals, making SCTR the ideal solution to help your business grow. For more information on hiring a truck, read our FAQs For Hiring A Truck.

Open the volume calculator

Moving House? How Much does it cost to move house?

There are two ways you can move house: with a removalist or hiring your own truck. There are pros and cons of each. When hiring a vehicle from SCTR we can organise driver hire and include all necessary moving equipment such as ropes, blankets and boxes. For more information on hiring a truck, read our FAQs For Hiring A Truck.

Get the best value for your money

You can compare the cost of engaging a removals company and hiring a truck with our moving truck price comparison.

Which truck do you need?

Now that you know the amount of space you need, take a look at the range of trucks in our fleet. Depending on the volume of goods you need to transport and the truck rental period, you can select between a larger truck to move your goods in one trip, or a smaller one with multiple trips.

Pantech Trucks

Our pantechs range between 2 and 8 tonnes. They are ideal for both local and intercity moves, one or multiple journeys. Driver hire is available. Some models require a car license, some require a medium rigid license.

Semi Trailers

Semi trailers are ideal for long haul and one way trips. We can organise a driver, making it easy to move all of your belongings in one journey. A heavy rigid license is required.

Tabletops & Tautliners

Tautliners are large curtain-side trucks, ideal for packing pallets and crates of goods. A heavy rigid license is required, and driver hire is available.

Utes & Vans

Ideal for smaller jobs moving one or two pieces of furniture, or delivering small goods.